Monday, August 4, 2014

Finals Week is here

WOW! Where has the summer gone? August is upon us, and that means DCI finals week in Indianapolis, Indiana. I am so sad I am missing it this year. I would go every year if I could, but my budget wasn't going to allow it this year. But no worries, I am already saving for next year!

If you haven't ever gone, I consider this a must on the bucket list. One of the nice things about Indy is that most of downtown is all within a mile walk. I stayed downtown last year, and didn't rent a car. (Saved on car rental, and parking for downtown is a plus!)

Back to Drum Corps. FINALS BABY! This week is jam packed with things to do every day. I loved the Drumline Battle, and I would've loved to see the I&E event on Wednesday. The age out ceremony was so fun. But let's be honest, the whole week leads up to Saturday night. The top 12 corps perform, and then all come to the field together. To see all 1800 (12 corps * 150 members each corps) kids on the field is one of the coolest things I might ever see. (This does not include my wedding day, and the birth of my kids)


Good luck to all the Drum Corps that are performing Monday - Saturday. May all the corps play their very best. I will be in the theater on Thursday night to watch BIG, LOUD, and LIVE.

Yeah Finals!

No comments:

Post a Comment