Sunday, July 20, 2014

DCI Southwestern Championship 2014 - Top 12

There is so much I want to write tonight, but lets set some ground rules for this blog.


  • We are not going to be vulgar, rude, or disrespectful on this blog. These athletes (yes they are athletes) have given up there summer to perform, and entertain us.
  • There is to be no "favoritism" in this blog. We all have corps that we gravitate to, and I am no exception, but I will not use the excuse "they are my favorite."
  • DCI Fandom is just a fans blog, and has no affiliation with DCI, or anything DCI related. 


I will get to introductions later, but now lets get to last night - The first DCI Southwestern Championship - San Antonio! Because it was in TX (my home state) I was one of 11000 audience members. These are my first impressions of the different corps this year. I am going to go from 1st to 12th place. Since there are so many corps, I am going to keep it short.

Blue Devils: 91.65 - Trumpets! The fanfare was incredible! Also - sad clown - very unique.

The Cadets: 90.975 - Couldn't hear the narration. I wanted to know what he was saying, but I wasn't sitting in the middle. :(

Bluecoats: 89.85 - Bloo - #OrangeIsTheNewBloo - Note manipulation at the end!!!! 

Santa Clara Vanguard: 89.00 - Purple Pillows, and Trombones! Were either necessary?

Carolina Crown: 88.70 - #SpacePantsBand - Trampolines on the field... add to that Crown's normal allotment of timpani, and concert bass drums, you have a crowded field. 

The Cavaliers: 86.92 - #MarimbasOnTheField was as amazing as advertised. 


Phantom Regiment: 84.72 - No one dies... yet. Swans are so pretty! 

Blue Knights: 84.10 - New uniforms... YES! Another tarp? Not so much.

Boston Crusaders: 82.42 - Animal Farm. Loved the tower of power, but others were asking if everyone was clothed. 

Blue Stars: 81.72 - You pulled me in with the rifle toss over the couch, but TOO much stuff on the field. 

Madison Scouts: 81.42 - Time Warp - Best use of props I have seen! The time wheel, and guard guy who does tricks on it are good. 

Crossmen: 80.25 - Home cooking tastes great. The gypsies are great. And ending in the cross is the boss.

Part 2 will finish up tomorrow. 






No comments:

Post a Comment